Chimney Sweeps. Others taking the course may earn two CE credits.
Two full working days plus evening study.
Successful completion of the Code Compliance, Wood-burning Systems and SITE Basic Inspection courses. Eighty (80) weeks of industry experience is required to achieve certification.
- To introduce participants to chimney sweeping techniques, safety and to the roles and responsibilities of chimney sweeps.
- To support, enhance and confirm knowledge acquired in field work.
The course provides the opportunity for participants to explore in detail the tools, techniques and safety procedures required for success as a chimney sweep.
- Regulatory issues related to sweeping
- Potential hazards and risk prevention
- Diagnosis and trouble-shooting
- Tools and techniques used in sweeping
- Communicating with the householder
- Oil and gas systems
- Masonry chimney repair
- Sweeping after a chimney fire
Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination), when combined with the necessary 80 weeks of industry experience, including at least 30 sweeps of wood-burning appliances and a letter of verification results in WETT certification Chimney Sweeping and SITE Basic Inspection.
Please note: prices are subject to change and may vary by region. Visit the courses in your area section for specific dates, course locations and registration information.