Installers, salespeople and chimney sweeps
One full working day.
You must already be WETT certified as a technician. Fourty (40) weeks of experience installing central heating systems is recommended and is required to achieve certification following this course.
- To introduce participants to the knowledge and skills required for the design and installation of solid-fuel central systems and to the regulations that apply to central systems.
- To support, enhance and confirm knowledge acquired in field work.
The course provides the opportunity, in the form of a case study, to explore in detail the installation of an add-on wood furnace.
- A case study on the installation of an add-on wood furnace.
- Regulatory issues pertaining to central heating systems using solid fuels.
- Review of central heating systems terminology.
- Solid-fuel boilers.
- Trouble-shooting central systems.
- Successful completion of this course (70% on the examination) provides one continuing education credit, fulfilling the mandatory WETT continuing education requirement. OR
- Successful completion of this course (70% on the examination), when combined with the necessary 40 weeks of experience in the installation of central heating systems, results in WETT certification Central Systems Technician.
Please note: prices are subject to change and may vary by region. Visit the courses in your area section for spectific dates, course locations and registration information.